This statement applies to personal information we collect about our members.
- We do not collect personal information unless you choose to give it to us, for example on your membership request or renewal form or via email.
Use and disclosure:
- Personal information, such as names, addresses and email addresses, are held for the purposes of communication with members about New Zealand Archaeological Association matters. This includes, but is not limited to, provision of Archaeology in New Zealand, membership renewal information, communication from Council, Sub-committees or other appointed officers, information regarding NZAA’s annual conference, other NZAA events and news.
- We will only use personal information that you provide to us for the purposes for which you supplied it or, in exceptional situations, for other reasons permitted under the Privacy Act 1993.
- We only disclose personal information about you on the Consultants Directory if you have made a request in writing or via email.
- Names of members who have made donations are acknowledged in Archaeology in New Zealand unless you request to remain anonymous.
- We generally do not share your personal information with others unless this is necessary for the purpose for which you gave us the information (for instance to investigate a complaint). Occasionally the law may require us to disclose it (for instance to investigate a criminal offence), or there may be safety reasons for disclosing it.
- We may analyse non-identifiable data to improve our services.
Your Rights and Choices:
- We are happy to provide you with access to any personal information that we hold about you. If it is wrong, please ask us to correct it. To ask for access and correction, see our contact details.
- You can ask to be removed from mailing lists or the Consultant List at any time.
Contact us if you have any questions.