Auckland, New Zealand
Clough and Associates is a leading provider of professional heritage advice and services. With continuing growth in the Auckland region we are looking for a field archaeologist/palaeobotanical remains specialist to take up a rolling contract. The current post would be based in Auckland.
The role involves supervising all aspects environmental sample processing, ensuring a high standard of environmental treatment and maintaining appropriate tracking information. The successful candidate will be highly organised, and able to manage their time effectively. Understanding of archaeological sample retrieval methodology, identification of environmental materials, as well as material storage, handling and cleaning is essential. Applicants should have at least six months experience in commercial archaeological fieldwork. The successful candidate will work closely with site Supervisors to ensure material is treated properly and deadlines are met.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Completion of a Masters level degree in archaeology
- Knowledge and experience in palaeobotanical materials analysis
- At least six months experience in archaeological survey, field assessment and excavation
- High level of clear written and oral communication skills
- Ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review
- Be able to show initiative and be proactive
- Have a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Have a valid driver’s licence for New Zealand
- The ability to be an enthusiastic team member
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in 3D modelling would also be an advantage.
Mentoring and training will be provided, where necessary, from the Senior Archaeologist team to allow development within role.
Applications close 13 December 2019. If you believe that you meet the requirements as stated above please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org