Display panels in Lombard St, beside Pickle & Pie café
The panels are located on the edge of the old shoreline; it was a centre of early commerce and trade. It was also the location of a redoubt constructed by British settlers in 1845 in response to a perceived threat from occupants of the nearby Te Aro pā during the New Zealand Wars period.
Archaeological investigations were carried out from the 26th to 30th June 2017 as part of Wellington City Council’s Lombard Street Upgrade Project
Promoting and fostering archaeological research in New Zealand.
PO Box 6337
Contact NZAA »